:::: MENU ::::

Monday, May 26, 2008

A long time ago I was watching Joe Stagner's ASP.NET AJAX videos and I saw him purposefully indenting the attributes in his ASP.NET markup so that they lined up neatly underneath each other. I really took to this concept because it's so much easier to read a laundry list of attributes than it is to scroll across your page trying to hunt down your markup. I emailed Joe, asking him what the Visual Studio hotkey was to perform the lineup, and he replied that he did it all by hand. I've done the same thing since watching those videos and while it's time consuming, I really prefer the readability.

 

At DevTeach, Rob Burke gave an excellent talk on building line-of-business applications using WPF
and Silverlight . He is another practitioner of listed attributes, and watching him painstakingly line them up by hand during the presentation was the last straw for me; I wasn't going to waste another keystroke on presenting these attributes how we want them!

 

More

Categories: ,